Episode Summary: Listen to episode 7 of Kelly Martin Speaks. An interview with author of 'The I Ching' a retired mathematics and physics teacher Michael Doherty about how to live a sometimes challenging life through the ancient teachings of 'The Book of Changes'.
Michael, turns 81 this year and has lived a life of childhood abuse, trauma and overall extreme experiences, but he found a way of living life at the age of 13 that completely changed his worldview.
In this episode Michael, in his 'Yoda-like style' talks about:
- What the I CHING is
- How the I CHING brought him into balance from being an excessively left-brained scientist
- What the ego is and why we cannot get rid of it
- Why both good and bad situations always change and go through cycles
- Why viewing life and challenge through letting go is important
- How the world is changing from a patriarchal society into a matriarchal society and how this links into the I CHING
- How men are having an identity crisis and a rebalancing is occurring
- Discover how to relate to people from a none-blaming way
The music played in the interim sections of this podcast was licensed under Creative Commons 3.0 License from Purple Planet Music www.purple-planet.com